Court orders fraud case against Kerala lottery dealer
Thiruvananthapuram: A local court on Saturday
directed the police to register cases against lottery tycoon
Santiago Martin and his associate John Kennedy on the charge
of distributing fake tickets of Bhutan lotteries.
Acting on a private complaint, the First Class Chief
Judicial Magistrate A M Basheer asked the Fort police to
register cases against the 2 owners of Monica distributors
and Megha distributors respectively, the agencies that
allegedly sold fake tickets in the Fort area in the city.
The complaint by one Ishaq of Manikyavilakam in the city
said he had bought 10 Bhutan lottery tickets from Fort area
2 months back. The tickets had secret code and the seal of
the Bhutan government, which were later found to be fake.
The draw was to have been held the next day after he
purchased the ticket, but the results were not published and
there was no information on whether the draw was held, he
submitted in his complaint.
After examining the tickets, the CJM ordered that cases
be registered against the owners of Monica distributors and
its subsidiary agency Megha.
Santiago Martin has been in the centre of controversy in
Kerala for the last few months with the Opposition parties
alleging that he had siphoned off huge amounts from Kerala
through sale of lottery tickets from other states by flouting
rules and regulations of the Lottery Act.
While the CPI(M)-led LDF government maintained that it
was for the Centre to take action against other-state
lotteries, the charge of the Opposition Congress-led UDF was
that the state was not using its powers to check the `lottery
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’