Court rejects permission to surety to go abroad
Kollam (Ker): A local court on Tuesday rejected a plea seeking permission to go abroad filed by a person who stood as surety for two Italian marines charged with shooting to death two Indian fishermen off Kerala coast in February.
District Sessions Judge P D Rajan, while refusing the plea of Jyothikumar, a resident of nearby Shathikulagara, said it was the High Court that had prescribed stringent conditions while granting bail to the marines Latore Massimilliano and Salvatore Girone on May 30.
The district court has no power to relax the bail conditions and the petitioner could approach the High Court for this, the judge said.
The petitioner had sought leave to go to Dubai for business.
The High court had granted bail on various conditions, including a bond of Rs one crore each with two Indian solvent sureties for the like amount. The court had stated the Indian sureties also should not leave the country.
The marines were arrested from Italian ship `Enrica Lexie` on February 19 for shooting down two Indian fishermen off the Kerala coast on February 15.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog