Court rejects permission to surety to go abroad
Kollam (Ker): A local court on Tuesday rejected a plea seeking permission to go abroad filed by a person who stood as surety for two Italian marines charged with shooting to death two Indian fishermen off Kerala coast in February.
District Sessions Judge P D Rajan, while refusing the plea of Jyothikumar, a resident of nearby Shathikulagara, said it was the High Court that had prescribed stringent conditions while granting bail to the marines Latore Massimilliano and Salvatore Girone on May 30.
The district court has no power to relax the bail conditions and the petitioner could approach the High Court for this, the judge said.
The petitioner had sought leave to go to Dubai for business.
The High court had granted bail on various conditions, including a bond of Rs one crore each with two Indian solvent sureties for the like amount. The court had stated the Indian sureties also should not leave the country.
The marines were arrested from Italian ship `Enrica Lexie` on February 19 for shooting down two Indian fishermen off the Kerala coast on February 15.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah