Court rejects permission to surety to go abroad
Kollam (Ker): A local court on Tuesday rejected a plea seeking permission to go abroad filed by a person who stood as surety for two Italian marines charged with shooting to death two Indian fishermen off Kerala coast in February.
District Sessions Judge P D Rajan, while refusing the plea of Jyothikumar, a resident of nearby Shathikulagara, said it was the High Court that had prescribed stringent conditions while granting bail to the marines Latore Massimilliano and Salvatore Girone on May 30.
The district court has no power to relax the bail conditions and the petitioner could approach the High Court for this, the judge said.
The petitioner had sought leave to go to Dubai for business.
The High court had granted bail on various conditions, including a bond of Rs one crore each with two Indian solvent sureties for the like amount. The court had stated the Indian sureties also should not leave the country.
The marines were arrested from Italian ship `Enrica Lexie` on February 19 for shooting down two Indian fishermen off the Kerala coast on February 15.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents