Court rejects police plea for further custody of Bitti
Kannur: A local court on Thursday rejected the plea by police seeking another 10-day custody of the German woman rape case convict Bitti Mohanty, now remanded to prison here.
Dismissing the plea by Taliparmaba Circle Inspector AV John for continued custody of Bitti for taking him to Odisha to subject him to DNA test for the final confirmation of his identity, the court said the accused could not be handed over to police custody for more than two weeks.
Police had produced Bitti before the court yesterday on expiry of police custody after taking him to Rajasthan for gathering evidence for the case of cheating, impersonation and forgery charged against him.
The investigation team, in three groups, have already collected details regarding Bitti, who was working as `Raghav Rajan` in a public sector bank here after jumping parole in 2006 while serving a seven-year sentence in Jaipur jail for raping a German woman.
The team that went to Rajasthan along with Bitti had collected evidence from the jail where he was undergoing his sentence.
A team which had been to Odisha last week had questioned Bitti`s father and former Odisha DGP BB Mohanty, who identified his son through the photographs shown to him.
Another team which went to Puttaparthi in Andhra Pradesh had also collected evidence of forgery of marklists from the documents they got from the flat where Bitti was staying before he moved to Kerala.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’