Court to hear bail plea of marines on May 19
Kollam (Ker): A local court on Thursday posted to May 19 the bail application of the two marines of Italian ship Enrica Lexie, charged with shooting dead two Indian fishermen off Kerala coast on February 15.
District and sessions court judge K D Rajan posted the matter for hearing the bail of Latore Massimiliano and Salvatore Girone, who have been charged under IPC section 302 (murder), to that date.
The naval guards were arrested on February 19 and charged with murder of Valentine Jalastine and Ajesh Binki, who took to sea from Neendakara in Kollam.
The accused were in police custody for the first 14 days and had been lodged in a special cell in the central prison since March 5 after the court remanded them to judicial custody.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh's BNP to hold countrywide protest on Wednesday
- Hyderabad police mulls 'designated driver' concept to check drunken driving
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray favours 'Sharia-type' law to tackle rape
- Parsi population dips by 18 per cent between 2001-2011
- Sebastian Vettel supports world champions Lewis Hamilton over yellow-flag row with Nico Rosberg