Court to hear bail plea of marines on May 19
Kollam (Ker): A local court on Thursday posted to May 19 the bail application of the two marines of Italian ship Enrica Lexie, charged with shooting dead two Indian fishermen off Kerala coast on February 15.
District and sessions court judge K D Rajan posted the matter for hearing the bail of Latore Massimiliano and Salvatore Girone, who have been charged under IPC section 302 (murder), to that date.
The naval guards were arrested on February 19 and charged with murder of Valentine Jalastine and Ajesh Binki, who took to sea from Neendakara in Kollam.
The accused were in police custody for the first 14 days and had been lodged in a special cell in the central prison since March 5 after the court remanded them to judicial custody.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside
- Battles in Libya's Sirte kill 34 fighters, injure over 180