CPI-M attacks Congress over vandalisation
Alappuzha (Kerala): The CPI-M has hit out at the Congress for alleging that disgruntled Marxists may be behind the vandalisation of a famed Communist leader`s memorial building.
Communist Party of India-Marxist state secretary Pinnarayi Vijayan called the Congress allegation "baseless" and "irresponsible".
"The Congress is behind this, and the Congress statement is not acceptable," he said.
The memorial building of P Krishna Pillai was found vandalised on Thursday morning. Pillai was a founder of the Communist movement in the state - and a poet too.
He died in 1948 following a snake bite.
Congress president Ramesh Cheenithala said in Kannur that the memorial was located at a place "where there is a huge following of the CPI-M, and this has happened on account of the deep rooted factionalism in that party".
CPI-M leader and former chief minister VS Achuthanandan said: "The statement of the Congress describing the vandalisation as a factional feud is most heinous."
Kerala Home Minister T Radhakrishnan has set up a special team under an inspector general of police to probe the incident.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof