CPI-M attacks Congress over vandalisation
Alappuzha (Kerala): The CPI-M has hit out at the Congress for alleging that disgruntled Marxists may be behind the vandalisation of a famed Communist leader`s memorial building.
Communist Party of India-Marxist state secretary Pinnarayi Vijayan called the Congress allegation "baseless" and "irresponsible".
"The Congress is behind this, and the Congress statement is not acceptable," he said.
The memorial building of P Krishna Pillai was found vandalised on Thursday morning. Pillai was a founder of the Communist movement in the state - and a poet too.
He died in 1948 following a snake bite.
Congress president Ramesh Cheenithala said in Kannur that the memorial was located at a place "where there is a huge following of the CPI-M, and this has happened on account of the deep rooted factionalism in that party".
CPI-M leader and former chief minister VS Achuthanandan said: "The statement of the Congress describing the vandalisation as a factional feud is most heinous."
Kerala Home Minister T Radhakrishnan has set up a special team under an inspector general of police to probe the incident.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why