`CPI (M) behind Chandrasekheran murder`
Thiruvananthapuram: Accusing the involvement of CPI (M) in the recent murder of Revolutionery Marxist Party leader T P Chandrasekheran at Kozhikode, Congress Wednesday wanted the police to probe the role of that party in the crime.
Considering the circumstantical evidences and information received so far,CPI-M could not escape from the responsibility in the killing of Chandrasekharn, a former CPI-M activist,KPCC President Ramesh Chennithala told reporters here today.
Activists of RMP, an outfit floated by rebel CPI-M workers and those who had been expelled from the party, were subjected to attack for the past few years in Onjiam and nearby areas in the district, Chennithala said.
There had been nine attempts on the life of Chandrasekheran after he left CPI-M in 2008, Chennithala alleged.
Moreover, Chandrasekheran was a popular leader in the area and only CPI-M had enemity with him, Chennithalala said. Rejecting CPI-M charge that ruling Congress led UDF were behind the murder, Chennithala said attmepts that party to put the blame on UDF would not succeed.
On the differences of opinion expressed by CPI-M State Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan and CPI-M veteran V S Achuthanandan on the stature of slain Chandrasekheran, Chennithalala said groupism in CPI-M was also coming out following the murder.
Achuthanandan described Chandrasekheran as a `brave communist` while Vijayan termed the party rebels as `betrayers`.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends