CPI-M has identified shortcomings: Karat
Kozhikode: Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) general secretary Prakash Karat has said party leaders have deliberated on Marxist ideological and political weaknesses at the state and national level.
In a brain storming session held here for a self-critical analysis of its political strengths and weaknesses ahead of the general elections in 2014, Karat said veteran leaders had thought-provoking parleys on various reasons behind the party`s defeat in the last state polls in the Left Front bastions of Kerala and West Bengal.
"We have made a self-critical review of our work. It is not about the Kerala party, or the West Bengal party or any other party. We have primarily dealt with the all-India political tactical line, how we have implemented it, what are our gains in that, what are our failures in that, we have made that assessment," Karat added.
"The review we have made is of that what we have identified as our weaknesses and shortcomings, the question of land acquisition, wherein some mistakes were made in West Bengal on that issue, and our review of how we have tried to implement the tasks of the last party Congress (meet), on the question of taking up issues of various sections of the people, the movements and struggles we have conducted, how far we have been able to consolidate that into political influence," added Karat.
In 2011, the CPM faced a massive defeat in West Bengal after controlling the reins of the state for over three decades in the state assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez