CPI-M has identified shortcomings: Karat
Kozhikode: Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) general secretary Prakash Karat has said party leaders have deliberated on Marxist ideological and political weaknesses at the state and national level.
In a brain storming session held here for a self-critical analysis of its political strengths and weaknesses ahead of the general elections in 2014, Karat said veteran leaders had thought-provoking parleys on various reasons behind the party`s defeat in the last state polls in the Left Front bastions of Kerala and West Bengal.
"We have made a self-critical review of our work. It is not about the Kerala party, or the West Bengal party or any other party. We have primarily dealt with the all-India political tactical line, how we have implemented it, what are our gains in that, what are our failures in that, we have made that assessment," Karat added.
"The review we have made is of that what we have identified as our weaknesses and shortcomings, the question of land acquisition, wherein some mistakes were made in West Bengal on that issue, and our review of how we have tried to implement the tasks of the last party Congress (meet), on the question of taking up issues of various sections of the people, the movements and struggles we have conducted, how far we have been able to consolidate that into political influence," added Karat.
In 2011, the CPM faced a massive defeat in West Bengal after controlling the reins of the state for over three decades in the state assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29