CPI-M in Kerala protest against cancellation of AI services
Thiruvananthapuram: Protesting Air India`s cancellation of several services to Gulf countries, CPI(M) on Friday organised a `people`s march` to airports in the state.
Party State Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated the march at the International Airport here and alleged that Air India was harassing lakhs of non-resident Keralites working in the Gulf.
There was no justification for the cancellation of services by Air India, he added.
Opposition leader and CPI-M veteran V S Achuthanandan, while inaugurating the march at Nedumbassery Airport at Kochi, said Centre had ignored the issues relating to people.
CPI-M Politburo member Kodiyeri Balakrishnan inaugurated the march at Karipoor in Kozhikode.
He said the services were cancelled without any prior information causing untold difficulties and sufferings to Keralite passengers bound for Gulf regions.
Earlier, the party had alleged that even though there were half a dozen Union Ministers from the state, they failed to provide relief to Keralites working in the Gulf and restore the services of 168 cancelled flights.
The party had also sought Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s intervention against frequent cancellation of Air India flights to the Gulf.
- Delhi petrol pump staff allegedly dupe a guy and then say - "Our boss knows Kejriwal personally"
- This Carat keeps your phone battery healthy!
- Growth falls to 15-year low in Sub-Saharan Africa: IMF
- Four people dead, 2 wounded at an explosion in Tamil Nadu
- Not CM candidate, Rahul Gandhi to lead party across the country: Congress