CPI-M in Kerala protest against cancellation of AI services
Thiruvananthapuram: Protesting Air India`s cancellation of several services to Gulf countries, CPI(M) on Friday organised a `people`s march` to airports in the state.
Party State Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated the march at the International Airport here and alleged that Air India was harassing lakhs of non-resident Keralites working in the Gulf.
There was no justification for the cancellation of services by Air India, he added.
Opposition leader and CPI-M veteran V S Achuthanandan, while inaugurating the march at Nedumbassery Airport at Kochi, said Centre had ignored the issues relating to people.
CPI-M Politburo member Kodiyeri Balakrishnan inaugurated the march at Karipoor in Kozhikode.
He said the services were cancelled without any prior information causing untold difficulties and sufferings to Keralite passengers bound for Gulf regions.
Earlier, the party had alleged that even though there were half a dozen Union Ministers from the state, they failed to provide relief to Keralites working in the Gulf and restore the services of 168 cancelled flights.
The party had also sought Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s intervention against frequent cancellation of Air India flights to the Gulf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'