CPI-M in Kerala responsible for violence: Antony
Thiruvananthapuram: Lashing out at the CPI-M in Kerala, senior Congress leader and Defence Minister A K Antony on Saturday blamed it for the recent incidents of political violence in the state.
Instead of doing a self-introspection on the incidents of political violence, the CPI-M in Kerala was indulging in more mistakes, Antony told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
CPI-M has failed to understand that a majority of the people in the state were against political violence, he said. Kerala has changed a lot, the CPI-M did not understand this, he said.
It was unfortunate that CPI-M, the main opposition party in the state, has played a "vital" role in most recent incidents of political violence, he said. The party should take steps to end this trend, he said.
Earlier, Antony inaugurated a seminar here, organised as part of an international Expo conducted by the Coir Board from August 12 to 16 at Kochi, to showcase all the technologies developed by it and its collaborators.
Antony said Centre would extend all possible help for the revival of traditional industries including coir in the state.
Coir sector should adopt new marketing methods with new products suitable to the present time to capture domestic and international market, Antony said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city