CPI-M in Kerala responsible for violence: Antony
Thiruvananthapuram: Lashing out at the CPI-M in Kerala, senior Congress leader and Defence Minister A K Antony on Saturday blamed it for the recent incidents of political violence in the state.
Instead of doing a self-introspection on the incidents of political violence, the CPI-M in Kerala was indulging in more mistakes, Antony told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
CPI-M has failed to understand that a majority of the people in the state were against political violence, he said. Kerala has changed a lot, the CPI-M did not understand this, he said.
It was unfortunate that CPI-M, the main opposition party in the state, has played a "vital" role in most recent incidents of political violence, he said. The party should take steps to end this trend, he said.
Earlier, Antony inaugurated a seminar here, organised as part of an international Expo conducted by the Coir Board from August 12 to 16 at Kochi, to showcase all the technologies developed by it and its collaborators.
Antony said Centre would extend all possible help for the revival of traditional industries including coir in the state.
Coir sector should adopt new marketing methods with new products suitable to the present time to capture domestic and international market, Antony said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins