CPI-M leader, 4 others held for Chandrasekharan murder
Kozhikode: A Communist Party of India-Marxist leader and four others were Tuesday arrested for their alleged involvement in the murder of former party leader TP Chandrasekharan. Hours earlier the CPI-M state secretariat had denied any role of its cadres in the killing.
Police said the arrested CPI-M leader, who has not been named, had identified Chandrasekharan to the killers, while the other four had made the weapons with which Chandrasekharan was killed and had helped the killers to hide the weapons after the crime.
The arrests came soon after the party`s state secretariat issued a statement that its cadre should be cautious since there was an attempt to malign the party for political reasons by implicating it in a murder case.
Chandrasekharan, 51, was murdered May 4 night in Onchiyam near here while he was returning home on a motorcycle. He was a CPI-M leader in the area till 2008. He quit the party and formed Revolutionary Marxist Party, which unseated the CPI-M in the village council polls in Onchiyam.
The CPI-M statement said Chandrasekharan and others who had left the party with him were power hungry.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!