CPI-M leader, 4 others held for Chandrasekharan murder
Kozhikode: A Communist Party of India-Marxist leader and four others were Tuesday arrested for their alleged involvement in the murder of former party leader TP Chandrasekharan. Hours earlier the CPI-M state secretariat had denied any role of its cadres in the killing.
Police said the arrested CPI-M leader, who has not been named, had identified Chandrasekharan to the killers, while the other four had made the weapons with which Chandrasekharan was killed and had helped the killers to hide the weapons after the crime.
The arrests came soon after the party`s state secretariat issued a statement that its cadre should be cautious since there was an attempt to malign the party for political reasons by implicating it in a murder case.
Chandrasekharan, 51, was murdered May 4 night in Onchiyam near here while he was returning home on a motorcycle. He was a CPI-M leader in the area till 2008. He quit the party and formed Revolutionary Marxist Party, which unseated the CPI-M in the village council polls in Onchiyam.
The CPI-M statement said Chandrasekharan and others who had left the party with him were power hungry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites