CPI-M leader, 4 others held for Chandrasekharan murder
Kozhikode: A Communist Party of India-Marxist leader and four others were Tuesday arrested for their alleged involvement in the murder of former party leader TP Chandrasekharan. Hours earlier the CPI-M state secretariat had denied any role of its cadres in the killing.
Police said the arrested CPI-M leader, who has not been named, had identified Chandrasekharan to the killers, while the other four had made the weapons with which Chandrasekharan was killed and had helped the killers to hide the weapons after the crime.
The arrests came soon after the party`s state secretariat issued a statement that its cadre should be cautious since there was an attempt to malign the party for political reasons by implicating it in a murder case.
Chandrasekharan, 51, was murdered May 4 night in Onchiyam near here while he was returning home on a motorcycle. He was a CPI-M leader in the area till 2008. He quit the party and formed Revolutionary Marxist Party, which unseated the CPI-M in the village council polls in Onchiyam.
The CPI-M statement said Chandrasekharan and others who had left the party with him were power hungry.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days