CPI-M leader passes away
Kozhikode: Former NGO union Kerala general secretary and CPI(M) Kozhikode District Committee member, CH Ashokan, passed away after a brief illness in Thiruvanathapuram on Friday night, party sources said on Saturday.
Ashokan (61), who was the ninth accused in Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP) leader TP Chandrasekharan`s murder case, was admitted to the Regional Cancer Centre hospital at Thiruvananthapuram a week ago.
He leaves a wife and two children.
Ashokan, who was earlier NGO State general secretary for two occasions, was arrested on conspiracy charges in May last year in connection the RMP leader`s murder.
He was the former CPI(M) Onchiyam Area Secretary.
CPI(M) State Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan and former minister and CPI(M) leader PK Sreemathy visited the hospital and paid their last respects to the departed leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report