CPI-M leader passes away
Kozhikode: Former NGO union Kerala general secretary and CPI(M) Kozhikode District Committee member, CH Ashokan, passed away after a brief illness in Thiruvanathapuram on Friday night, party sources said on Saturday.
Ashokan (61), who was the ninth accused in Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP) leader TP Chandrasekharan`s murder case, was admitted to the Regional Cancer Centre hospital at Thiruvananthapuram a week ago.
He leaves a wife and two children.
Ashokan, who was earlier NGO State general secretary for two occasions, was arrested on conspiracy charges in May last year in connection the RMP leader`s murder.
He was the former CPI(M) Onchiyam Area Secretary.
CPI(M) State Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan and former minister and CPI(M) leader PK Sreemathy visited the hospital and paid their last respects to the departed leader.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border