CPI-M led LDF in Kerala holds sit-in against price rise
Thiruvananthapuram: Taking the anti-price rise agitation to the streets, leaders and workers of the LDF on Monday staged a sit-in before the government secretariat here accusing the Congress-led UDF government of failing to bring relief to people reeling under grim inflationary pressure.
Addressing the protesters, CPI(M) stalwart and Opposition Leader VS Achuthanandan lashed out at Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, saying he had no time to address basic issues like price rise as most of the time he is preoccupied in settling internal rifts in the ruling coalition.
"If you cannot ensure supply of food grains and essentials to people at reasonable price, it is better that you step down," Achuthanandan said.
Senior leaders of the LDF components, including CPI(M) state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan and CPI state secretary Pannian Raveendran, are also participating in the protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report