CPI-M led LDF in Kerala holds sit-in against price rise
Thiruvananthapuram: Taking the anti-price rise agitation to the streets, leaders and workers of the LDF on Monday staged a sit-in before the government secretariat here accusing the Congress-led UDF government of failing to bring relief to people reeling under grim inflationary pressure.
Addressing the protesters, CPI(M) stalwart and Opposition Leader VS Achuthanandan lashed out at Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, saying he had no time to address basic issues like price rise as most of the time he is preoccupied in settling internal rifts in the ruling coalition.
"If you cannot ensure supply of food grains and essentials to people at reasonable price, it is better that you step down," Achuthanandan said.
Senior leaders of the LDF components, including CPI(M) state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan and CPI state secretary Pannian Raveendran, are also participating in the protest.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state