CPI-M MLA moves HC for anticipatory bail
Kochi: A CPI-M MLA, listed as an accused in a case relating to murder of an IUML worker, on Thursday
day filed an anticipatory bail petition in the Kerala High Court.
T V Rajesh, charged under IPC section 118 (concealing design to commit offence) in connection with the murder of Abdul Shukkoor allegedly by CPI-M activists at Keezhara in Kannur district in February, contended that he had no role in the murder and was not part of any conspiracy.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing tomorrow.
Police had yesterday listed him as an accused in the case along with P Jayarajan, CPI(M) Kannur District Secretary, who has been arrested.
Meanwhile, Jayarajan has filed a petition in the high court seeking a direction to the state government to conduct a proper inquiry into "illegal tapping" of his telephone.
He submitted that the Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the T P Chanadrasekharan and Shukoor murder cases had resorted to unconstitutional and legally impermissible means including tapping of his phone to gather or fabricate evidence against him.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- BJD members stone Textile Minister Santosh Gangwar’s car in Odisha, MLA arrested
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Govt, RBI seek to soothe wracked investor nerves after Brexit
- Chicago University welcomes Raghuram Rajan back to academics
- No kids for John Abraham for now