CPI-M not working for third front: Karat
Thrissur: Ruling out any effort by it for a third front for Lok Sabha elections, CPI-M on Thursday said it would however strive for a Left democratic alternative of regional parties for `adjustments`.
The front would only be a temporary arrangement based on (seat) `adjustments and tactics` as part of the party`s electoral strategy, CPIM General Secretary Prakash Karat told reporters here.
Certain regional parties would not be fit to be included permanently in the proposed alternative front in view of their divergent policies and programmes, he added.
Replying to a question on a new non-Congress non-BJP front proposed by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, he said no discussion in this regard had been held in CPI-M.
Karat, however, asserted "the question of having an alliance with the Trinamool Congress does not arise at all. Several CPM activists in West Bengal have been attacked by the Trinamool Congress workers," he said.
On West Bengal CPI-M leaders` reported idea of supporting the Congress on the lines of the UPA-I, he dismissed it as "a figment of imagination by the mediamen.
Earlier, Karat delivered the inaugural address on ? Left Alternative for Indian Economy, Political Democracy and Society? at nearby Ayyanthole in connection with the 104th birth anniversary of late party veteran E M S Namboodiripad.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state