CPI-M office set on fire in Kozhikode
Kozhikode: Tension prevailed in Payyoli
town near here today after a CPI(M) area committee office was
allegedly set on fire by BJP workers, police said.
Some furniture and files were destroyed and the building
was also damaged in the blaze, they said.
Earlier, some unidentified persons attacked a CPI-M
worker`s house in the adjoining Tikkodi town, partially
damaging the building in the wee hours today, police said.
The incident was said to be a sequel to attack on the
houses of two BJP workers in the locality late last night,
Meanwhile, the CPI (M) is observing a hartal today in the
Payyoli panchayat limits to protest the torching of the party
No untoward incidents have been reported during the
protest, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- IPL 2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad's Ashish Nehra to undergo knee surgery
- DCW assures strict action against woman for thrashing 85-year-old mother
- Tintu Luka aiming to run under two-minute races: P T Usha
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal kickbacks were channelled from Mauritius to India: Report
- Nokia in talks with Indian telcos over 5G networks