CPI-M office set on fire in Kozhikode
Kozhikode: Tension prevailed in Payyoli
town near here today after a CPI(M) area committee office was
allegedly set on fire by BJP workers, police said.
Some furniture and files were destroyed and the building
was also damaged in the blaze, they said.
Earlier, some unidentified persons attacked a CPI-M
worker`s house in the adjoining Tikkodi town, partially
damaging the building in the wee hours today, police said.
The incident was said to be a sequel to attack on the
houses of two BJP workers in the locality late last night,
Meanwhile, the CPI (M) is observing a hartal today in the
Payyoli panchayat limits to protest the torching of the party
No untoward incidents have been reported during the
protest, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?