CPI-M office set on fire in Kozhikode
Kozhikode: Tension prevailed in Payyoli
town near here today after a CPI(M) area committee office was
allegedly set on fire by BJP workers, police said.
Some furniture and files were destroyed and the building
was also damaged in the blaze, they said.
Earlier, some unidentified persons attacked a CPI-M
worker`s house in the adjoining Tikkodi town, partially
damaging the building in the wee hours today, police said.
The incident was said to be a sequel to attack on the
houses of two BJP workers in the locality late last night,
Meanwhile, the CPI (M) is observing a hartal today in the
Payyoli panchayat limits to protest the torching of the party
No untoward incidents have been reported during the
protest, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway