CPI-M removes Mani from post for his fiery speech
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala unit of the CPI-M after its secretariat meeting here on Wednesday night removed M M Mani from the Idukki district party secretary`s post for his fiery speech May 25 at a public meeting in his home district.
Mani, the Idukki district secretary of the Communist Party of India-Marxist, set off a political storm when in his May 25 speech he claimed that his party murdered four critics, presumably in the 1980s.
In a press release issued here, the CPI-M said it had decided to remove Mani from the post which he was holding for the past two decades and seek an explanation from him.
The party, however, denied any role in the killings of its foes as Mani claimed in his speech.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works