CPI-M removes Mani from post for his fiery speech
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala unit of the CPI-M after its secretariat meeting here on Wednesday night removed M M Mani from the Idukki district party secretary`s post for his fiery speech May 25 at a public meeting in his home district.
Mani, the Idukki district secretary of the Communist Party of India-Marxist, set off a political storm when in his May 25 speech he claimed that his party murdered four critics, presumably in the 1980s.
In a press release issued here, the CPI-M said it had decided to remove Mani from the post which he was holding for the past two decades and seek an explanation from him.
The party, however, denied any role in the killings of its foes as Mani claimed in his speech.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015