CPI-M removes Mani from post for his fiery speech
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala unit of the CPI-M after its secretariat meeting here on Wednesday night removed M M Mani from the Idukki district party secretary`s post for his fiery speech May 25 at a public meeting in his home district.
Mani, the Idukki district secretary of the Communist Party of India-Marxist, set off a political storm when in his May 25 speech he claimed that his party murdered four critics, presumably in the 1980s.
In a press release issued here, the CPI-M said it had decided to remove Mani from the post which he was holding for the past two decades and seek an explanation from him.
The party, however, denied any role in the killings of its foes as Mani claimed in his speech.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP