CPI-M removes Mani from post for his fiery speech
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala unit of the CPI-M after its secretariat meeting here on Wednesday night removed M M Mani from the Idukki district party secretary`s post for his fiery speech May 25 at a public meeting in his home district.
Mani, the Idukki district secretary of the Communist Party of India-Marxist, set off a political storm when in his May 25 speech he claimed that his party murdered four critics, presumably in the 1980s.
In a press release issued here, the CPI-M said it had decided to remove Mani from the post which he was holding for the past two decades and seek an explanation from him.
The party, however, denied any role in the killings of its foes as Mani claimed in his speech.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister