CPI-M to form panel to study tribal health problems
Palakkad: CPI(M) will be forming a panel under public health expert Dr B Ikbal to study the health problems of tribal population in the Attappady areas of Palakkad district, in the backdrop recent deaths of several infants due to malnutirion.
This was disclosed by CPI(M) state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan after visiting some of tribal hamlets in the area, where malnutrition deaths had been reported in recent weeks.
After studying the issue in depth, the panel would draw up some recommendations and submit them to the government for follow-up action, Vijayan told reporters.
Vijayan said the UDF Government had failed to tackle the issue seriously even after it had become evident that the tribes people in the area were victims of failure in providing public health services like pre and post delivery care to mothers and children.
Also, the victims` familes had not been sufficiently compensated, he said. At least five infants had died in the area mainly due to malnutrion in the last two months.
Taking a serious note of the matter, the Government had recently held a high level meeting to step up healthcare services in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?