CPI-M to form panel to study tribal health problems
Palakkad: CPI(M) will be forming a panel under public health expert Dr B Ikbal to study the health problems of tribal population in the Attappady areas of Palakkad district, in the backdrop recent deaths of several infants due to malnutirion.
This was disclosed by CPI(M) state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan after visiting some of tribal hamlets in the area, where malnutrition deaths had been reported in recent weeks.
After studying the issue in depth, the panel would draw up some recommendations and submit them to the government for follow-up action, Vijayan told reporters.
Vijayan said the UDF Government had failed to tackle the issue seriously even after it had become evident that the tribes people in the area were victims of failure in providing public health services like pre and post delivery care to mothers and children.
Also, the victims` familes had not been sufficiently compensated, he said. At least five infants had died in the area mainly due to malnutrion in the last two months.
Taking a serious note of the matter, the Government had recently held a high level meeting to step up healthcare services in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed