CPI-M to form panel to study tribal health problems
Palakkad: CPI(M) will be forming a panel under public health expert Dr B Ikbal to study the health problems of tribal population in the Attappady areas of Palakkad district, in the backdrop recent deaths of several infants due to malnutirion.
This was disclosed by CPI(M) state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan after visiting some of tribal hamlets in the area, where malnutrition deaths had been reported in recent weeks.
After studying the issue in depth, the panel would draw up some recommendations and submit them to the government for follow-up action, Vijayan told reporters.
Vijayan said the UDF Government had failed to tackle the issue seriously even after it had become evident that the tribes people in the area were victims of failure in providing public health services like pre and post delivery care to mothers and children.
Also, the victims` familes had not been sufficiently compensated, he said. At least five infants had died in the area mainly due to malnutrion in the last two months.
Taking a serious note of the matter, the Government had recently held a high level meeting to step up healthcare services in the area.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP