CPI-M to march against cancellation of AI services
Thiruvananthapuram: Protesting Air India`s cancellation of 168 services to Gulf countries, CPI(M) will hold a people`s march to airports in Kerala on September 28.
The party`s state secretariat said in a release here today that the services were cancelled without any prior information causing untold difficulties and sufferings to Keralite passengers bound for Gulf regions.
As per the present indication, the cancellations would continue till December, it said.
The statement said even though there were half a dozen Union ministers from the state, they had "failed" to provide relief to Keralites working in Gulf regions.
Earlier, party state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan had sought Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s intervention in frequent cancellations of Air India flights to the Gulf region.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'