CPI-M to march against cancellation of AI services
Thiruvananthapuram: Protesting Air India`s cancellation of 168 services to Gulf countries, CPI(M) will hold a people`s march to airports in Kerala on September 28.
The party`s state secretariat said in a release here today that the services were cancelled without any prior information causing untold difficulties and sufferings to Keralite passengers bound for Gulf regions.
As per the present indication, the cancellations would continue till December, it said.
The statement said even though there were half a dozen Union ministers from the state, they had "failed" to provide relief to Keralites working in Gulf regions.
Earlier, party state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan had sought Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s intervention in frequent cancellations of Air India flights to the Gulf region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda