CPI-M to march against cancellation of AI services
Thiruvananthapuram: Protesting Air India`s cancellation of 168 services to Gulf countries, CPI(M) will hold a people`s march to airports in Kerala on September 28.
The party`s state secretariat said in a release here today that the services were cancelled without any prior information causing untold difficulties and sufferings to Keralite passengers bound for Gulf regions.
As per the present indication, the cancellations would continue till December, it said.
The statement said even though there were half a dozen Union ministers from the state, they had "failed" to provide relief to Keralites working in Gulf regions.
Earlier, party state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan had sought Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s intervention in frequent cancellations of Air India flights to the Gulf region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje