CPI-M to march against cancellation of AI services
Thiruvananthapuram: Protesting Air India`s cancellation of 168 services to Gulf countries, CPI(M) will hold a people`s march to airports in Kerala on September 28.
The party`s state secretariat said in a release here today that the services were cancelled without any prior information causing untold difficulties and sufferings to Keralite passengers bound for Gulf regions.
As per the present indication, the cancellations would continue till December, it said.
The statement said even though there were half a dozen Union ministers from the state, they had "failed" to provide relief to Keralites working in Gulf regions.
Earlier, party state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan had sought Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s intervention in frequent cancellations of Air India flights to the Gulf region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!