CPI-M worker stabbed to death
Kasargod: A 45-year old CPI-M activist of Magad in the district was stabbed to death by some persons at nearby Perumba, police said.
Though the man was rushed to a private hospital, his life could not be saved, police said.
CPI-M local leaders alleged it was a political murder and that the Congress was behind it.
Meanwhile, the one-day district hartal called by CPI-M to protest the murder was total.
Shops remained closed and vehicles including KSRTC and private buses were off the roads, sources said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption