CPI-M worker stabbed to death
Kasargod: A 45-year old CPI-M activist of Magad in the district was stabbed to death by some persons at nearby Perumba, police said.
Though the man was rushed to a private hospital, his life could not be saved, police said.
CPI-M local leaders alleged it was a political murder and that the Congress was behind it.
Meanwhile, the one-day district hartal called by CPI-M to protest the murder was total.
Shops remained closed and vehicles including KSRTC and private buses were off the roads, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly