CPI(M) activist shot dead by Congress worker in Kerala
Kasargod: In a suspected case of
poll-related violence, a CPI(M) worker was killed and another
seriously injured after a Congress activist allegedly opened
fire on them near here, police said on Saturday.
The victim, Ravindran (38), died on the spot while his
seriously injured friend was admitted to a private hospital in
Mangalore, said officials.
The incident occurred when Ravindran was at his
friend`s house late last night, they said, adding that the
Congress worker had been taken into custody for interrogation.
The Congress worker allegedly opened fire after an
altercation broke out between the accused and the victims at a
rally taken out to celebrate the victory of a CPI(M)
candidate, said officials.
A hartal is being observed in the Velampady panchayat
today, protesting the activist`s murder, CPI(M) sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das