CPI(M) activist shot dead by Congress worker in Kerala
Kasargod: In a suspected case of
poll-related violence, a CPI(M) worker was killed and another
seriously injured after a Congress activist allegedly opened
fire on them near here, police said on Saturday.
The victim, Ravindran (38), died on the spot while his
seriously injured friend was admitted to a private hospital in
Mangalore, said officials.
The incident occurred when Ravindran was at his
friend`s house late last night, they said, adding that the
Congress worker had been taken into custody for interrogation.
The Congress worker allegedly opened fire after an
altercation broke out between the accused and the victims at a
rally taken out to celebrate the victory of a CPI(M)
candidate, said officials.
A hartal is being observed in the Velampady panchayat
today, protesting the activist`s murder, CPI(M) sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16