CPI(M) alleges govt plot to frame leaders
Thiruvananthapuram: With some of its functionaries under the scanner, CPI(M) in Kerala on Tuesday accused the Congress-led UDF government of plotting to frame senior party leaders in connection with the murder of Marxist rebel and RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan.
The party state secretariat alleged that senior leaders of the state were involved in this "heinous conspiracy".
The investigation in the case was progressing in accordance with the "script" prepared by the government with the motive of maligning the CPI(M), a party statement said.
The party functionaries arrested in the case were being tortured by the police and baseless stories planted in media dressing them up as details gathered during the interrogation, it alleged.
"The fallout of this deplorable move would be serious as people in the state would not tolerate such attempts as they would come forward to defend the party which has grown by thwarting such conspiracies over the decades," it said.
Several CPI(M) activists, including a prominent district level leader, have been taken into custody in connection with the investigation in the Chandrasekharan murder case.
A former CPI(M) activist from Onjiyam in Kozhikode district, Chandrasekharan left the party in 2008 and floated the Revolutionary Marxist Party. He was murdered on May 4.
A senior CPI(M) leader from Kannur district was questioned by police yesterday as part of probe into another political murder case.
CPI-M`s embarrassment has been made much worse after one of its senior functionaries MM Mani made a startling claim that the party had drawn up a list of its political foes to be eliminated in the 1980s and that three had been done away with.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...