CPI(M) demands thorough investigation of attack on Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Asserting that LDF had nothing to do with the attack on Chief Minister Oommen Chandy at Kannur, CPI(M) on Monday demanded an effective investigation to track down the real culprits and their motives.
"We have adopted different modes of agitation since we started the campaign demanding Chandy`s resignation over the solar panel scam since June. But all through, we have insisted on conducting them peacefully and at no occasion our workers have created any provocation," CPI(M) state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan said.
He said there were intelligence reports, as quoted by a leading daily a few months back, about the possibility of UDF workers infiltrating into LDF demonstrations to carry out violence. The government owed an explanation as to why this warning was ignored, he said.
Moreover, LDF workers are wise enough to know that Chandy would be the "beneficiary" of an incident like this at a time when he was "totally isolated," the CPI(M) leader said.
Taking strong objection to the arrest of LDF workers in Kannur, Vijayan said it would not be difficult for the police to find out who actually carried out the deplorable act since Chandy was surrounded by policemen at the time stones were thrown at him.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'