CPI(M) demands thorough investigation of attack on Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Asserting that LDF had nothing to do with the attack on Chief Minister Oommen Chandy at Kannur, CPI(M) on Monday demanded an effective investigation to track down the real culprits and their motives.
"We have adopted different modes of agitation since we started the campaign demanding Chandy`s resignation over the solar panel scam since June. But all through, we have insisted on conducting them peacefully and at no occasion our workers have created any provocation," CPI(M) state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan said.
He said there were intelligence reports, as quoted by a leading daily a few months back, about the possibility of UDF workers infiltrating into LDF demonstrations to carry out violence. The government owed an explanation as to why this warning was ignored, he said.
Moreover, LDF workers are wise enough to know that Chandy would be the "beneficiary" of an incident like this at a time when he was "totally isolated," the CPI(M) leader said.
Taking strong objection to the arrest of LDF workers in Kannur, Vijayan said it would not be difficult for the police to find out who actually carried out the deplorable act since Chandy was surrounded by policemen at the time stones were thrown at him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam