CPI(M) deplores protests against Vishwaroopam
Thiruvananthapuram: Deploring protests staged against screening of Kamal Haasan`s movie `Vishwaroopam` in parts of Kerala, CPI(M) on Friday said demand for ban on the film was sheer intolerance that went against spirit of democracy.
"Kamal Haasan is an artist who has always upheld humanist and secular values. He has stated that his film is meant to unite people by sending the message of love and not to foster hatred by showing any community in poor light. It would be better leave it to the people to see and judge the film, instead of clamouring for its ban," CPI(M) state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan said in a statement here.
Kamal Haasan had made it clear that his film did not contain any expression that would hurt religious or racial sentiments. Moreover, the film was allowed to screen after the Censor Board certifying it, the CPI(M) leader said.
Slamming the protests staged by certain organisations in parts of Kerala, Vijayan said unleashing violence against the film with the motive of silencing the artist only betrayed the "fascist mindset."
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price