CPI(M) elects new district secretary
Idukki : K K Jayachandran, MLA, was on Thursday elected as CPI-M`s Idukki District Secretary in place of M M Mani who was removed from the post for his controversial speech in which he stated that the party eliminated its political foes in the past.
Jayachandran, a confidante of Mani and the party state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan, was elected unanimously by the district committee which met at Thodupuzha in the district, party sources said.
Jayachandran`s name was proposed to the post by Mani himself.
Facing huge embarrassment over his controversial speech, CPI(M) state secretariat had last week removed Mani from the post.
The CPI-M central leadership had also prevailed on the state secretariat to take action against Mani on the ground that his speech marked a deviation from the party`s stand it had been seized by political enemies to tarnish its image when the party was already under attack in the wake of the murder of Marxist rebel and RMP leader T P Chandrasekharan.
Jayachandran represents Udumbanchola seat of Idukki district in the Kerala Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"