CPI(M) elects new district secretary
Idukki : K K Jayachandran, MLA, was on Thursday elected as CPI-M`s Idukki District Secretary in place of M M Mani who was removed from the post for his controversial speech in which he stated that the party eliminated its political foes in the past.
Jayachandran, a confidante of Mani and the party state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan, was elected unanimously by the district committee which met at Thodupuzha in the district, party sources said.
Jayachandran`s name was proposed to the post by Mani himself.
Facing huge embarrassment over his controversial speech, CPI(M) state secretariat had last week removed Mani from the post.
The CPI-M central leadership had also prevailed on the state secretariat to take action against Mani on the ground that his speech marked a deviation from the party`s stand it had been seized by political enemies to tarnish its image when the party was already under attack in the wake of the murder of Marxist rebel and RMP leader T P Chandrasekharan.
Jayachandran represents Udumbanchola seat of Idukki district in the Kerala Assembly.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Here are some tips to style yourself in a Boho outfit
- It is inexcusable that Leander Paes reached Rio a day before doubles match: Mahesh Bhupathi
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”