CPI(M) elects new district secretary
Idukki : K K Jayachandran, MLA, was on Thursday elected as CPI-M`s Idukki District Secretary in place of M M Mani who was removed from the post for his controversial speech in which he stated that the party eliminated its political foes in the past.
Jayachandran, a confidante of Mani and the party state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan, was elected unanimously by the district committee which met at Thodupuzha in the district, party sources said.
Jayachandran`s name was proposed to the post by Mani himself.
Facing huge embarrassment over his controversial speech, CPI(M) state secretariat had last week removed Mani from the post.
The CPI-M central leadership had also prevailed on the state secretariat to take action against Mani on the ground that his speech marked a deviation from the party`s stand it had been seized by political enemies to tarnish its image when the party was already under attack in the wake of the murder of Marxist rebel and RMP leader T P Chandrasekharan.
Jayachandran represents Udumbanchola seat of Idukki district in the Kerala Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal