CPI(M) KZD Sect’s contempt petition against media
Kochi: A senior CPI-M functionary on Wednesday approached the Kerala High Court seeking contempt action against the media for allegedly making derogatory statements against the Marxist party and its leaders in the aftermath of the murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan.
According to the petitioner, CPI(M)`S Kozhikode district secretary TP Ramakrishnan, as per a High Court judgement on December 22, 2010 after registering a criminal case and sending the FIR to a magistrate, nobody can leak information regarding investigation and questioning of witness.
If this is violated, the media and investigation officer have to face the consequences, it was submitted.
A series of versions had appeared in various newspapers and visual media after the murder. According to the petitioner, this was a violation under relevant sections of Contempt of Court Act.
Three major newspapers, and some television channels besides DGP Jacob Punnoose and ADGP Vinson M Paul are the respondents.
Chandrasekharan, a former Marxist worker, was hacked to death on May 4 in Kozhikode district and some local CPI-M leaders have been arrested in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report