CPI(M) leader Mani likely to face action for speech
Idukki: Even as he struck an assertive posture, CPI(M)`s district secretary MM Mani is expected to face disciplinary action as the party`s central and state leadership viewed seriously his controversial speech stating the party had eliminated some of its political foes in the past.
According to party sources, CPI(M) state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan made this clear at a meeting of party functionaries from southern districts held here yesterday.
Vijayan said the party`s state and the central leadership took a stern view of Mani`s speech at Thodupuzha last week in which he said that the party drew up a list of its rivals and eliminated three of them in 1980s.
The leadership saw Mani`s speech as totally contrary to the party line and suitable disciplinary action would be taken against him, the sources said.
Mani, heading the party in the high range Idukki district for long, had yesterday ruled out resigning from the party post on his own.
Police had registered a case against Mani last week on charges of murder, abetment and concealing information based on his speech at Thodupuzha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam