CPI(M) leader Mani likely to face action for speech
Idukki: Even as he struck an assertive posture, CPI(M)`s district secretary MM Mani is expected to face disciplinary action as the party`s central and state leadership viewed seriously his controversial speech stating the party had eliminated some of its political foes in the past.
According to party sources, CPI(M) state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan made this clear at a meeting of party functionaries from southern districts held here yesterday.
Vijayan said the party`s state and the central leadership took a stern view of Mani`s speech at Thodupuzha last week in which he said that the party drew up a list of its rivals and eliminated three of them in 1980s.
The leadership saw Mani`s speech as totally contrary to the party line and suitable disciplinary action would be taken against him, the sources said.
Mani, heading the party in the high range Idukki district for long, had yesterday ruled out resigning from the party post on his own.
Police had registered a case against Mani last week on charges of murder, abetment and concealing information based on his speech at Thodupuzha.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price