CPI(M) plays down row over ad in party daily
Thiruvananthapuram: The CPI(M) in Kerala on Saturday played down the issue of the party`s official daily carrying an advertisement issued by a controversial businessman, during the party plenum in Palakkad.
While senior leader VS Achuthanandan sized on the issue to take a dig at the state leadership, CPI(M) state Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan accused the party`s enemies and "rightist media" of blowing up things during the plenum that concluded yesterday.
"There were attempts by the party`s enemies and the rightist media to create confusion during the plenum. Now that the plenum has been conducted successfully and the party emerged stronger, they are trying to kick up an unnecessary controversy", Vijayan said at a function in Perumbavoor.
"Though Deshabhimani is a party daily, it is not run on party funds. Like any other publication it was run on the strength of circulation and advertisement revenue, the CPI(M) leader said.
The daily had carried an advertisement issued by a Palakkad-based businessman, facing a CBI probe in connection with the suicide of an employee of a public sector company and his two sons.
The advertisement displayed the photograph of the businessman wishing success to the plenum, called to work out plans to strengthen the party and the ideological and ethical moorings of its members.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi