CPI(M) Secretary visits injured party workers
Kannur: Lashing out at the Kerala Government for allegedly registering cases against CPI(M) activists, CPI(M) state Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan on Friday said if the present trend continued, thousands of people would fall prey to such "fake" cases.
Vijayan, who was here to visit party workers injured in clashes during the protest agianst the arrest of CPI(M) senior leader P Jayarajan in connection with a murder case on August one, told reporters that "if the government continued this trend, I think thousands of CPI(M) activists will be booked".
"CPI(M) will face it even if the number of arrests crossed ten thousand or even lakh", Vijayan said.
Criticising Chief minister Oommen Chandy for the arrests, he alleged `Chandy was trying to implement a new experiment. We are also experimenting whether we can face that`, he said.
Police have already registered cases against 250 CPI(M) activists and leaders including former minister P K Sreemathy and state committee member M V Jayarajan on charges of violation of prohibitory orders during a protest march here on August 1.
Meanwhile in Kasargod district, where the Left Democratic Front had given a dawn to dusk hartal call in protest against the killing of a DYFI activist, sporadic incidents of stoning at political party offices were reported.
Police have put in place tight security in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena