CPI(M) statement ridiculous: LCC
Kozhikode: The statement of CPI(M) State Secretariat that the party had no role in the May 4 murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader TP Chandrasekharan is `absurd`, Edathupaksha Ekopana Samithi (Left Coordination Committee), said here on Wednesday.
Speaking to mediapersons here, KS Hariharan, President, LCC and N Venu, Secretary, RMP, said the intention of CPI(M) to `fool` the people will not succed as as CPI(M) local committee members were also among the arrested.
The CPI(M) State Secretariat at Thiruvananthapuram had yesterday alleged that there was a conspiracy to hound the party` in the name of Chandrasekharan`s murder.
Venu described as ridiculous CPI(M)`s charge that RMP was nothing but an inflated balloon and said RMP`s Onchiyam Area conference last March was a great success `despite CPI(M) resorting to political violence and issuing threats.`
Meanwhile, KK Rema, wife of Candrasekharan told Malayalam television channels the probe should not end with the arrest and that all those involved in the murder should be brought to book.
“I believe the Special Investigation Team will be able to bring to light the people behind the murder`,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!