CPI(M) statement ridiculous: LCC
Kozhikode: The statement of CPI(M) State Secretariat that the party had no role in the May 4 murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader TP Chandrasekharan is `absurd`, Edathupaksha Ekopana Samithi (Left Coordination Committee), said here on Wednesday.
Speaking to mediapersons here, KS Hariharan, President, LCC and N Venu, Secretary, RMP, said the intention of CPI(M) to `fool` the people will not succed as as CPI(M) local committee members were also among the arrested.
The CPI(M) State Secretariat at Thiruvananthapuram had yesterday alleged that there was a conspiracy to hound the party` in the name of Chandrasekharan`s murder.
Venu described as ridiculous CPI(M)`s charge that RMP was nothing but an inflated balloon and said RMP`s Onchiyam Area conference last March was a great success `despite CPI(M) resorting to political violence and issuing threats.`
Meanwhile, KK Rema, wife of Candrasekharan told Malayalam television channels the probe should not end with the arrest and that all those involved in the murder should be brought to book.
“I believe the Special Investigation Team will be able to bring to light the people behind the murder`,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren