CPI(ML) to strengthen struggle against nuke plants
Kochi: The Central Committee of CPI-ML has decided to intensify the movement against nuclear power at the national level by strengthening people`s initiative against Nuclear Power.
While strengthening the anti Jaitapur struggle in Maharashtra, it shall support the struggle against Chutka and Farukkabad projects in MP and Haryana and other ongoing struggles like Kudankulam struggle.
A decision to this effect was taken at the three day Central Committee meeting of CPI(ML) at Bangalore from June 20 CPI-ML General Secretary K N Ramachandran said in a release here today.
A campaign would be carried out demanding repeal of the new exploration policy and to nationalise the Krishna Godvari Basin, the release said.
The Save Western Ghat Movement would be launched by holding a convention on August 4 at Panaji, Goa, to be inaugurated by Prof. Madhav Gadgil. Environmentalists, scientists and activists of six states from Kerala to Gujarat would participate in it.
The CC also decided to strengthen the ongoing Anti-POSCO movement in Odisha at all India level rallying more forces.
It said the party plans to contest elections to Chattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Delhi assemblies in November, based on election manifestos putting forward an alternative, people oriented development paradigm against the neo-liberal policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal