CPI(ML) to strengthen struggle against nuke plants
Kochi: The Central Committee of CPI-ML has decided to intensify the movement against nuclear power at the national level by strengthening people`s initiative against Nuclear Power.
While strengthening the anti Jaitapur struggle in Maharashtra, it shall support the struggle against Chutka and Farukkabad projects in MP and Haryana and other ongoing struggles like Kudankulam struggle.
A decision to this effect was taken at the three day Central Committee meeting of CPI(ML) at Bangalore from June 20 CPI-ML General Secretary K N Ramachandran said in a release here today.
A campaign would be carried out demanding repeal of the new exploration policy and to nationalise the Krishna Godvari Basin, the release said.
The Save Western Ghat Movement would be launched by holding a convention on August 4 at Panaji, Goa, to be inaugurated by Prof. Madhav Gadgil. Environmentalists, scientists and activists of six states from Kerala to Gujarat would participate in it.
The CC also decided to strengthen the ongoing Anti-POSCO movement in Odisha at all India level rallying more forces.
It said the party plans to contest elections to Chattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Delhi assemblies in November, based on election manifestos putting forward an alternative, people oriented development paradigm against the neo-liberal policies.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price