CPM leader charged with murder, conspiracy
Idukki (Kerala): Two days after a top CPI-M Kerala leader claimed his party had physically annihilated foes in Idukki district, police on Monday registered three cases of murder and conspiracy against him.
According to police, cases were registered in Thodupuzha, around 220 km from state capital Thiruvananthapuram, against MM Mani, Idukki district secretary of the Communist Part of India-Marxist.
Mani sent shock waves on Friday night when he told a public rally in the Santhampara area in Thodupuzha that the CPI-M has in the past resorted to killing political foes and listed out four such murders.
These murders reportedly took place in Idukki district in the 1980s.
Police said three of the four murder cases were dismissed for want of evidence and those arrested were let off after the trial.
"Since the cases have been registered under non-bailable sections (Sections 302 and 109 of the Indian Penal Code), the arrest of Mani should take place anytime," a legal expert said.
Kerala`s Director General of Police T Asif Ali had given a legal opinion that the cases could be reopened in view of the new disclosures by the CPI-M leader. The Oommen Chandy government had also said that Mani`s revelation was "a very serious issue".
Known for his fiery diatribe, Mani had said that in the past, his party activists in one case shot dead one of their political adversaries; in another one person was stabbed to death; and yet in another case, a person was beaten to death.
He went on to add that CPI-M is one such party which owns up the crimes it commits.
With the CPI-M in the dock over two murders (TP Chandrasekharan on May 4 and Shukoor murder case in February this year) and with a number of its cadres arrested for their involvement in them, Mani`s revelations have doled out another blow to the party.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested