CPM leader slams Church for dismissal of lecturer
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M state secretary
Pinarayi Vijayan today came down heavily on the management of
the Church-run Newman College in Thodupuzha for dismissal of
lecturer T J Joseph, whose hand was chopped allegedly by PFI
activists in the wake of a question paper controversy.
The stand of the Church on the issue amounted to giving
credence to the brutal attack on the lecturer by the radical
outfit, Vijayan said at a seminar organised by Students
Federation of India here.
"The Church`s position in the case is extremely
dangerous. By taking action against the lecturer, the Church
has virtually elevated radicals as the representative of
Islamic faith," Vijayan said.
This also appeared to be part of the Church`s move to
interfere in politics which would only create divisions in the
society, he said.
The CPI-M leader said the attack on the lecturer was
condemned by all. Despite this, he was removed from service by
the management, which was highly deplorable.
When religious establishments meddle in politics, its
consequences would be dangerous, he added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- LIVE CRICKET SCORE: ODI Tri-series final — West Indies vs Australia
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'