`CPM leaders part of Chandrasekharan murder plot`
Kozhikode: In a huge embarrassment to the CPI(M), the Special Investigating Team probing the murder of Marxist rebel TP Chandrasekharan has told a local court that party senior leaders were involved in the conspiracy to kill him.
A `wider conspiracy` had taken place to kill Chandrasekharan, who formed the Revolutionary Marxist Party after quitting CPI(M), the report, submitted before the Judicial First Class Magistrate Court at Vatakara, about 50 km from here yesterday, said.
The SIT submitted the report while seeking extension of police custody of P Mohanan, secretariat member of Kozhikode district CPI(M), in connection with the RMP leader`s murder on May 4, regarding which several CPI(M) activists have already been arrested.
Mohanan was arrested by SIT on June 29. The court had then remanded him to police custody for seven days.
The SIT sought extension of Mohanan`s police custody following which Magistrate M Suhaib remanded him till July 11 for further investigation.
Chandrasekharan was murdered while returning home on his motorcycle at Vallikkode near Vatakara in Kozhikode district, with the issue raising a political storm in the state.
SIT`s submission about senior CPI(M) leaders` alleged involvement in the murder has brought more embarrassment to the party after its senior functionary M M Mani`s controversial speech that the party in Idukki district in the 1980s drew up a list of rivals to be eliminated and killed three of them.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city