CPM to take action against Mani for his remarks
New Delhi: CPI(M) on Wednesday disapproved the remarks of a senior party leader from Kerala seeking to justify the retaliatory killing of political opponents and said it will take appropriate action against him.
"The Polit Bureau of the CPI(M) condemns and disapproves the remarks of M M Mani, Secretary of the Idukki District Committee of the party, which has sought to justify the retaliatory killing of political opponents," a CPI(M) statement said.
These remarks have nothing whatsoever to do with the party`s approach and politics. "Appropriate action will be taken regarding this matter," it said.
At a public meeting organised by the party at Thodupuzha on Friday last, Mani had said the party had prepared a list of "three targets" to be eliminated and it was carried out.
The party yesterday distanced itself from Mani`s speech with its state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan censuring the district leader saying that Mani had committed a `grave mistake` and deviated from the party line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ends his wait, Sergio Perez completes podium