CPM to take action against Mani for his remarks
New Delhi: CPI(M) on Wednesday disapproved the remarks of a senior party leader from Kerala seeking to justify the retaliatory killing of political opponents and said it will take appropriate action against him.
"The Polit Bureau of the CPI(M) condemns and disapproves the remarks of M M Mani, Secretary of the Idukki District Committee of the party, which has sought to justify the retaliatory killing of political opponents," a CPI(M) statement said.
These remarks have nothing whatsoever to do with the party`s approach and politics. "Appropriate action will be taken regarding this matter," it said.
At a public meeting organised by the party at Thodupuzha on Friday last, Mani had said the party had prepared a list of "three targets" to be eliminated and it was carried out.
The party yesterday distanced itself from Mani`s speech with its state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan censuring the district leader saying that Mani had committed a `grave mistake` and deviated from the party line.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Tamil Nadu Budget 2016-17: All you need to know
- Need mix of fiscal, monetary policies to deal with Brexit: FM Jaitley
- Rio Olympics 2016: CAS rejects Russia appeal, bars athletes from mega event
- This manatee is interested in paddleboarding – Watch video!
- Oscar Pistorius: Prosecutors seek longer sentence for tainted Paralympian