CPM to take action against Mani for his remarks
New Delhi: CPI(M) on Wednesday disapproved the remarks of a senior party leader from Kerala seeking to justify the retaliatory killing of political opponents and said it will take appropriate action against him.
"The Polit Bureau of the CPI(M) condemns and disapproves the remarks of M M Mani, Secretary of the Idukki District Committee of the party, which has sought to justify the retaliatory killing of political opponents," a CPI(M) statement said.
These remarks have nothing whatsoever to do with the party`s approach and politics. "Appropriate action will be taken regarding this matter," it said.
At a public meeting organised by the party at Thodupuzha on Friday last, Mani had said the party had prepared a list of "three targets" to be eliminated and it was carried out.
The party yesterday distanced itself from Mani`s speech with its state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan censuring the district leader saying that Mani had committed a `grave mistake` and deviated from the party line.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur