CPM to take action against Mani for his remarks
New Delhi: CPI(M) on Wednesday disapproved the remarks of a senior party leader from Kerala seeking to justify the retaliatory killing of political opponents and said it will take appropriate action against him.
"The Polit Bureau of the CPI(M) condemns and disapproves the remarks of M M Mani, Secretary of the Idukki District Committee of the party, which has sought to justify the retaliatory killing of political opponents," a CPI(M) statement said.
These remarks have nothing whatsoever to do with the party`s approach and politics. "Appropriate action will be taken regarding this matter," it said.
At a public meeting organised by the party at Thodupuzha on Friday last, Mani had said the party had prepared a list of "three targets" to be eliminated and it was carried out.
The party yesterday distanced itself from Mani`s speech with its state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan censuring the district leader saying that Mani had committed a `grave mistake` and deviated from the party line.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town