CPM to take action against Mani for his remarks
New Delhi: CPI(M) on Wednesday disapproved the remarks of a senior party leader from Kerala seeking to justify the retaliatory killing of political opponents and said it will take appropriate action against him.
"The Polit Bureau of the CPI(M) condemns and disapproves the remarks of M M Mani, Secretary of the Idukki District Committee of the party, which has sought to justify the retaliatory killing of political opponents," a CPI(M) statement said.
These remarks have nothing whatsoever to do with the party`s approach and politics. "Appropriate action will be taken regarding this matter," it said.
At a public meeting organised by the party at Thodupuzha on Friday last, Mani had said the party had prepared a list of "three targets" to be eliminated and it was carried out.
The party yesterday distanced itself from Mani`s speech with its state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan censuring the district leader saying that Mani had committed a `grave mistake` and deviated from the party line.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- West Indies vs India, 2nd T20I: Wet outfield denies MS Dhoni & Co chance to level series
- Two minors held for gang-raping minor in Delhi
- Punjab seeks probe into AAP funding by radicals
- One killed, 13 injured in mob-police clash in Bengal
- Odisha officials harassing man who carried wife's corpse: Complaint