CPM`s talk of "Indian socialism" a confession: RSS
Thiruvananthapuram: Taking a dig at the CPI-M, RSS ideologue P Parameswaran On Wednesday said the party`s talk of the need to evolve an Indian path to socialism amounted to confessing that the Indian Communist movement had so far followed Russian or Chinese models.
The debate on Indian socialism also exposed the ideological
crisis and helplessness of the Communists as Russia and China
had shed socialism and opted for the capitalist path,
Parameswaran, director of pro-RSS Bharatiya Vichara Kendram,
said in a statement here.
He was reacting to a recent statement made by CPI(M) polit
bureau member S Ramachandran Pillai in the context of the
ideological questions to be taken up at the party`s 21st
congress to be held in Kozhikode next month.
"This talk of Indian socialism is an open confession that
the Communist party in India has never been Indian
The Indian Communist party has just been an
offshoot of Russian or Chinese party. Now that Russia and
China have chosen to tread the capitalist road, the Indian
Communists are forced to talk about Indian socialism out of
their helplessness", he said.
On Communist leaders` rejection as "irrelevant" Pope
Benedict`s statement that Communist had become outdated,
Parameswaran said the Communist should keep in mind that the
head of Catholic church would not have aired such a view
without some specific purpose.
Significantly, the Pope had made this statement on the eve
of his visit to Cuba. After all, it was his predecessor Pope
John Paul who drove the first nail on the coffin of Communism
which led to the collapse of the socialist block in Eastern
Europe, Parameswaran said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP