Crude bombs seized; four arrested
Thrissur: Four persons were arrested and some crude bombs hidden in handles of `mosquito bats`, five detonators, an equal number of ammonium nitrate sticks, besides an improvised explosive device were seized from nearby Mannuthy, police said on Saturday.
The bombs were inserted into the handle of mosquito bats and could be triggered using remote control device, police said, adding, they were later defused.
Police are on the lookout for five others, who are absconding.
Cases had been registered against nine persons for making the crude bombs and storing them, they said.
The seizure was made from Pattalakunnu area in Mannuthy following information provided by two persons who were arrested earlier in connection with an assault on a person recently, sources said, adding, an improvised dynamo was also recovered. The explosives were concealed in crevices of rocks in the area.
Police said charges were framed against the four persons, who were arrested last night at Mannuthy, under the Explosive Substances Act, 1908.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Supreme Court bans diesel, petrol cabs in Delhi-NCR from May 1
- SHOCKING! Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Haryana - WATCH VIDEO
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept