Crude bombs seized; four arrested
Thrissur: Four persons were arrested and some crude bombs hidden in handles of `mosquito bats`, five detonators, an equal number of ammonium nitrate sticks, besides an improvised explosive device were seized from nearby Mannuthy, police said on Saturday.
The bombs were inserted into the handle of mosquito bats and could be triggered using remote control device, police said, adding, they were later defused.
Police are on the lookout for five others, who are absconding.
Cases had been registered against nine persons for making the crude bombs and storing them, they said.
The seizure was made from Pattalakunnu area in Mannuthy following information provided by two persons who were arrested earlier in connection with an assault on a person recently, sources said, adding, an improvised dynamo was also recovered. The explosives were concealed in crevices of rocks in the area.
Police said charges were framed against the four persons, who were arrested last night at Mannuthy, under the Explosive Substances Act, 1908.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?