Crude bombs seized; four arrested
Thrissur: Four persons were arrested and some crude bombs hidden in handles of `mosquito bats`, five detonators, an equal number of ammonium nitrate sticks, besides an improvised explosive device were seized from nearby Mannuthy, police said on Saturday.
The bombs were inserted into the handle of mosquito bats and could be triggered using remote control device, police said, adding, they were later defused.
Police are on the lookout for five others, who are absconding.
Cases had been registered against nine persons for making the crude bombs and storing them, they said.
The seizure was made from Pattalakunnu area in Mannuthy following information provided by two persons who were arrested earlier in connection with an assault on a person recently, sources said, adding, an improvised dynamo was also recovered. The explosives were concealed in crevices of rocks in the area.
Police said charges were framed against the four persons, who were arrested last night at Mannuthy, under the Explosive Substances Act, 1908.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport