Crude bombs seized; four arrested
Thrissur: Four persons were arrested and some crude bombs hidden in handles of `mosquito bats`, five detonators, an equal number of ammonium nitrate sticks, besides an improvised explosive device were seized from nearby Mannuthy, police said on Saturday.
The bombs were inserted into the handle of mosquito bats and could be triggered using remote control device, police said, adding, they were later defused.
Police are on the lookout for five others, who are absconding.
Cases had been registered against nine persons for making the crude bombs and storing them, they said.
The seizure was made from Pattalakunnu area in Mannuthy following information provided by two persons who were arrested earlier in connection with an assault on a person recently, sources said, adding, an improvised dynamo was also recovered. The explosives were concealed in crevices of rocks in the area.
Police said charges were framed against the four persons, who were arrested last night at Mannuthy, under the Explosive Substances Act, 1908.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof