Dam panel report: Chandy mum on speculations
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday declined to comment on speculations by a section of the media on the content of the report submitted to the Supreme Court by the Empowered Committee on Mullaperiyar dam dispute between Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
"The state government has no information on this," he said when reporters sought his reactions to reports in a section of media suggesting that the panel had given due consideration to Kerala`s concerns on the safety of the 119-year-old dam.
"We have presented our case well. Water for Tamil Nadu and safety for Kerala has been our firm stand. It has received wide acceptability", he said.
The five-member committee headed by former Chief Justice of India A S Anand was set up in February 2010 to look into all aspects of the dam, over which Tamil Nadu and Kerala have been at loggerheads for long.
While Tamil Nadu has contended that the dam is safe and its water level has to be raised from 132 feet to 136 feet, Kerala has been pressing for construction of a new dam to replace the existing structure, built during the British colonial rule.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'