Dam row: MDMK to stop vehicles going to Kerala
Chennai: MDMK would stop all vehicles going to
Kerala at Tiruchirapalli on December 21 as part of its protest
against Kerala Government`s demand for construction of new dam
MDMK Chief Vaiko said Kerala government and political
parties in that state were determined to demolish the present
Mullaperiyar dam, which was provides water to southern
districts of Tamil Nadu.
"We in Tamil Nadu were exercising extraordinary patience,
but it should not construed that we are tolerating everything. We have to assert our right in the dam", he said in
statement here today.
Vaiko said he would be undertaking a fast on December 8
along with the farmers at Cumbam in Theni district protesting
against Kerala`s demand for a new dam.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees