Dam row: MDMK to stop vehicles going to Kerala
Chennai: MDMK would stop all vehicles going to
Kerala at Tiruchirapalli on December 21 as part of its protest
against Kerala Government`s demand for construction of new dam
MDMK Chief Vaiko said Kerala government and political
parties in that state were determined to demolish the present
Mullaperiyar dam, which was provides water to southern
districts of Tamil Nadu.
"We in Tamil Nadu were exercising extraordinary patience,
but it should not construed that we are tolerating everything. We have to assert our right in the dam", he said in
statement here today.
Vaiko said he would be undertaking a fast on December 8
along with the farmers at Cumbam in Theni district protesting
against Kerala`s demand for a new dam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference