Dam row: MDMK to stop vehicles going to Kerala
Chennai: MDMK would stop all vehicles going to
Kerala at Tiruchirapalli on December 21 as part of its protest
against Kerala Government`s demand for construction of new dam
MDMK Chief Vaiko said Kerala government and political
parties in that state were determined to demolish the present
Mullaperiyar dam, which was provides water to southern
districts of Tamil Nadu.
"We in Tamil Nadu were exercising extraordinary patience,
but it should not construed that we are tolerating everything. We have to assert our right in the dam", he said in
statement here today.
Vaiko said he would be undertaking a fast on December 8
along with the farmers at Cumbam in Theni district protesting
against Kerala`s demand for a new dam.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan ups ante, says will ask UNHRC to send fact-finding team to Kashmir
- Hafiz Saeed confirms his association with separatist leader Asiya Andrabi, Burhani Wani
- IMF expresses confidence in Christine Lagarde as French court orders trial
- Petition in Pak court seeks registration of FIR against PM Modi
- HC junks Vodafone plea against IT demand of over Rs 7.5 crore