Dam row: MDMK to stop vehicles going to Kerala
Chennai: MDMK would stop all vehicles going to
Kerala at Tiruchirapalli on December 21 as part of its protest
against Kerala Government`s demand for construction of new dam
MDMK Chief Vaiko said Kerala government and political
parties in that state were determined to demolish the present
Mullaperiyar dam, which was provides water to southern
districts of Tamil Nadu.
"We in Tamil Nadu were exercising extraordinary patience,
but it should not construed that we are tolerating everything. We have to assert our right in the dam", he said in
statement here today.
Vaiko said he would be undertaking a fast on December 8
along with the farmers at Cumbam in Theni district protesting
against Kerala`s demand for a new dam.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February