Daughter dumps 90-year-old mother in goat-shed
Kollam/Kochi: A 90-year-old woman was kept in a dilapidated goat-shed allegedly by her daughter next to their house at Kulathupuzha in Kerala`s Kollam district.
The nonagenarian, Rosily, was reportedly shifted by her daughter and family to the shed recently after she became bed-ridden. She had been staying with her son-in-law and daughter since the past few years, officials said.
The elderly woman was found by neighbours lying on a tattered mat in a dilapidated and stinking goat-shed. Though they tried to intervene, the relatives were not amused.
The woman`s son, who also lives nearby, was also not keen to take care of his mother following which her daughter decided to shift her to the goat-shed adjacent to the house, police said.
No case has been registered.
Following media reports about the woman`s plight, an NGO has taken her to an old age home at Kottarakara, sources said.
Meanwhile, a 62-year-old woman was traced by her two sons and husband to a relief centre at Kochi, nearly a week after she went missing from Bangalore railway station.
The family from Tamil Nadu were at the Bangalore railway station on August 19 to board a train to Chennai, when the woman accidentally got into a train bound for Kochi in Kerala.
Her husband had gone to purchase a bottle of water, when she boarded the train. On his return, he found his wife missing and immediately informed railway police.
On inquiry, police found that an elderly woman had been taken to the Pallurthy relief centre on August 21 as she was found wandering on the road. The woman was handed over to her relatives yesterday, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert