Daughter dumps 90-year-old mother in goat-shed
Kollam/Kochi: A 90-year-old woman was kept in a dilapidated goat-shed allegedly by her daughter next to their house at Kulathupuzha in Kerala`s Kollam district.
The nonagenarian, Rosily, was reportedly shifted by her daughter and family to the shed recently after she became bed-ridden. She had been staying with her son-in-law and daughter since the past few years, officials said.
The elderly woman was found by neighbours lying on a tattered mat in a dilapidated and stinking goat-shed. Though they tried to intervene, the relatives were not amused.
The woman`s son, who also lives nearby, was also not keen to take care of his mother following which her daughter decided to shift her to the goat-shed adjacent to the house, police said.
No case has been registered.
Following media reports about the woman`s plight, an NGO has taken her to an old age home at Kottarakara, sources said.
Meanwhile, a 62-year-old woman was traced by her two sons and husband to a relief centre at Kochi, nearly a week after she went missing from Bangalore railway station.
The family from Tamil Nadu were at the Bangalore railway station on August 19 to board a train to Chennai, when the woman accidentally got into a train bound for Kochi in Kerala.
Her husband had gone to purchase a bottle of water, when she boarded the train. On his return, he found his wife missing and immediately informed railway police.
On inquiry, police found that an elderly woman had been taken to the Pallurthy relief centre on August 21 as she was found wandering on the road. The woman was handed over to her relatives yesterday, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak