Dead snake found in food served by hospital canteen
Thiruvananthapuram: In a horrifying incident, a dead snake was found in a packet of curry served by a canteen at the Medical College Hospital here on Wednesday, leading to its closure by the Food Safety Authority.
The snake, which looked like a hatchling, was found in the green peas curry bought by a woman to be given to her son undergoing treatment in the hospital, police said.
When she opened the sachet in which the curry was served, she found to her shock the dead reptile lying in it.
She informed the hospital authorities of the matter and a protesting crowd gathered at the canteen soon.
The hospital authorities then informed the police and food safety officials of the issue and they pacified the irate crowd promising firm action against the canteen operators.
They also ordered closure of the canteen and took away samples of the food items for analysis and further action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader
- Trump economics would 'bankrupt America', says Clinton
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today