Delhi visit not to discuss cabinet reshuffle: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Brushing aside media reports of an imminent cabinet revamp, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy Wednesday made it clear that his scheduled visit to Delhi tomorrow was not to discuss cabinet rejig with party leaders.
"I want to make it clear that I am going to Delhi tomorrow not to discuss any cabinet revamp with Congress leaders", Chandy said during cabinet briefing here.
Discussions related to cabinet reshuffle had not taken place either in the party or in the UDF, Chandy said, adding, only after holding consultations in the party and UDF, talks in this regard would be held in Delhi.
Setting aside media reports on an immediate cabinet revamp in the wake of Speaker G Karthikeyan expressing his desire to quit the post, Chandy said "media can not dictate agenda for the government".
Stating that he was scheduled to meet five Union Ministers including Finance Minister Arun Jaitely during his one-day trip to Delhi, Chandy said "whenever I go to Delhi, I also used to meet Congress leaders if they have time".
To a question on the open groupism in the party in states like Assam and Maharashtra, Chandy said Congress and UDF in the Kerala was united and "no one can create any problem in the party over the issue of cabinet reshuffle".
When repeatedly asked about cabinet rejig, he said "everything will be carried out at an appropriate time".
The UDF government in the last three years had taken all its decisions correctly, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’