Democracy failed in Kannur: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Opposition Leader Oommen
Chandy today alleged that the state government had failed to
provide security to voters at five booths in Kannur district
where repolling was held today.
In a statement here, he charged that police force was
sent to the booths with their hands chained to enable CPI-M
workers to indulge in `hooliganism.`
CPI-M workers had unleashed violence against voters right
from last night, he said. "It is a disgraceful for Home
Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan that he could not give
protection to 4,500 voters in the five booths. It is
democracy that has failed here," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- FSSAI to remove potassium bromate from food additives list
- French Open 2016: Stan Wawrinka escapes historic blow, Garbine Muguruza struggles
- Cancer-causing chemicals found in bread samples, says CSE; Health Ministry orders probe
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!
- Baltimore police officer acquitted in Freddie Gray death