Democracy failed in Kannur: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Opposition Leader Oommen
Chandy today alleged that the state government had failed to
provide security to voters at five booths in Kannur district
where repolling was held today.
In a statement here, he charged that police force was
sent to the booths with their hands chained to enable CPI-M
workers to indulge in `hooliganism.`
CPI-M workers had unleashed violence against voters right
from last night, he said. "It is a disgraceful for Home
Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan that he could not give
protection to 4,500 voters in the five booths. It is
democracy that has failed here," he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III