Democracy failed in Kannur: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Opposition Leader Oommen
Chandy today alleged that the state government had failed to
provide security to voters at five booths in Kannur district
where repolling was held today.
In a statement here, he charged that police force was
sent to the booths with their hands chained to enable CPI-M
workers to indulge in `hooliganism.`
CPI-M workers had unleashed violence against voters right
from last night, he said. "It is a disgraceful for Home
Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan that he could not give
protection to 4,500 voters in the five booths. It is
democracy that has failed here," he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users