Derecognise PDP: Shiv Sena to EC
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Shiv Sena
today asked the Election Commission to derecognise main
Opposition People`s Democratic Party which has kicked up a
row over its map depicting parts of the state in China.
The party threatened to stage protests outside the
office of the EC if PDP was not declared illegal and banned.
"We will stage protests if PDP is not declared illegal
and derecognised," state SS chief Ashok Gupta said.
"We have already sent telegrams to the President, the
Prime Minister, the CEC and the JK EC in this connection," he
"The PDP is not only the mouthpiece of militants but
also is working against the interest of the country and has
challenged its unity by depicting India`s territory as part of
China," he said.
They would continue their stir till PDP modified its
map, Gupta said.
The PDP is in the thick of a controversy after it
displayed a map, during a power-point presentation Saturday,
showing parts of Jammu and Kashmir in China.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss