Derecognise PDP: Shiv Sena to EC
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Shiv Sena
today asked the Election Commission to derecognise main
Opposition People`s Democratic Party which has kicked up a
row over its map depicting parts of the state in China.
The party threatened to stage protests outside the
office of the EC if PDP was not declared illegal and banned.
"We will stage protests if PDP is not declared illegal
and derecognised," state SS chief Ashok Gupta said.
"We have already sent telegrams to the President, the
Prime Minister, the CEC and the JK EC in this connection," he
"The PDP is not only the mouthpiece of militants but
also is working against the interest of the country and has
challenged its unity by depicting India`s territory as part of
China," he said.
They would continue their stir till PDP modified its
map, Gupta said.
The PDP is in the thick of a controversy after it
displayed a map, during a power-point presentation Saturday,
showing parts of Jammu and Kashmir in China.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured