Derecognise PDP: Shiv Sena to EC
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Shiv Sena
today asked the Election Commission to derecognise main
Opposition People`s Democratic Party which has kicked up a
row over its map depicting parts of the state in China.
The party threatened to stage protests outside the
office of the EC if PDP was not declared illegal and banned.
"We will stage protests if PDP is not declared illegal
and derecognised," state SS chief Ashok Gupta said.
"We have already sent telegrams to the President, the
Prime Minister, the CEC and the JK EC in this connection," he
"The PDP is not only the mouthpiece of militants but
also is working against the interest of the country and has
challenged its unity by depicting India`s territory as part of
China," he said.
They would continue their stir till PDP modified its
map, Gupta said.
The PDP is in the thick of a controversy after it
displayed a map, during a power-point presentation Saturday,
showing parts of Jammu and Kashmir in China.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military unveils new weapons after South China Sea verdict
- Pakistan PM chairs meeting on Kashmir
- Kashmir unrest: Rajnath to embark on two-day visit to Valley
- Waiting for the day Kashmir becomes part of Pakistan: Nawaz Sharif
- Must Watch: What Nawaz Sharif's daughter has to say about PML-N's victory in PoK polls