Diplomat row: Indian diplomacy failed, says BJP
Thiruvananthapuram: BJP on Thursday alleged that Congress-led UPA government`s diplomacy has failed to protect its own senior diplomat which is evident from the treatment meted out to Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade.
Addressing a press meet here, BJP Vice-president Bandaru Dattatreya said India should seek an unconditional apology from US and termed the incident as an `insult` to people of India. "UPA government is toothless to deal with US."
Referring to political situation in the country, he said Congress was afraid of BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"AICC Chief Sonia Gandhi should first find out a leader to match Modi in her party," he said.
On the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, he said situation in the country was similar to the one that existed in 1977 after emergency.
"There is a strong anti-congress wave in the country and public anger is against the UPA government," Dattatreya said.
This election was going to be an historic one, he said, adding, 12 crore youths would decide the fate of the polls.
Survey results showed that 80 per cent of the youths and new voters in the country favour Modi, the BJP leader said.
To give boost to poll campaign in Kerala, Modi would visit the state in the first week of February, he said.
BJP state President V Muraleedharan was also present in the press meet.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- East India's first cadaver liver transplant in Kolkata
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film