Diplomat row: Indian diplomacy failed, says BJP
Thiruvananthapuram: BJP on Thursday alleged that Congress-led UPA government`s diplomacy has failed to protect its own senior diplomat which is evident from the treatment meted out to Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade.
Addressing a press meet here, BJP Vice-president Bandaru Dattatreya said India should seek an unconditional apology from US and termed the incident as an `insult` to people of India. "UPA government is toothless to deal with US."
Referring to political situation in the country, he said Congress was afraid of BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"AICC Chief Sonia Gandhi should first find out a leader to match Modi in her party," he said.
On the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, he said situation in the country was similar to the one that existed in 1977 after emergency.
"There is a strong anti-congress wave in the country and public anger is against the UPA government," Dattatreya said.
This election was going to be an historic one, he said, adding, 12 crore youths would decide the fate of the polls.
Survey results showed that 80 per cent of the youths and new voters in the country favour Modi, the BJP leader said.
To give boost to poll campaign in Kerala, Modi would visit the state in the first week of February, he said.
BJP state President V Muraleedharan was also present in the press meet.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Samsung likely to launch Tizen powered Z2 smartphone in India today
- Baloch leaders booked: JKNPP calls on Centre to slap sedition charges against separatists
- Earth's temperature dropped during solar eclipse
- 5.5 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar-India border; tremors felt in Assam
- Was Aamir Khan all set to do a 'Rustom'? Here's what we know so far