Disaster averted at Kochi airport; IndiGo flight lands in fourth attempt
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Kochi: A major accident was averted at the Kochi airport on Monday when an IndiGo plane pulled away at the last minute while attempting to land in heavy rains.
As per reports, the IndiGo plane flying from Bangalore to Kochi had to abort landing at least thrice before finally touching down in fourth attempt with around 150 passengers onboard.
In one of the attempts, the Indigo flight 6E-407 went about 100 feet outside the runway at the Cochin International Airport, in Nedumbassery.
Officials said the landing had to be aborted thrice due to heavy rains, which hampered visibility.
The plane finally touched down at 2:30 pm, after encircling the skies for nearly 20 minutes.
According to an airport official, such incidents happen during heavy rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video