Disaster averted at Kochi airport; IndiGo flight lands in fourth attempt
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Kochi: A major accident was averted at the Kochi airport on Monday when an IndiGo plane pulled away at the last minute while attempting to land in heavy rains.
As per reports, the IndiGo plane flying from Bangalore to Kochi had to abort landing at least thrice before finally touching down in fourth attempt with around 150 passengers onboard.
In one of the attempts, the Indigo flight 6E-407 went about 100 feet outside the runway at the Cochin International Airport, in Nedumbassery.
Officials said the landing had to be aborted thrice due to heavy rains, which hampered visibility.
The plane finally touched down at 2:30 pm, after encircling the skies for nearly 20 minutes.
According to an airport official, such incidents happen during heavy rains.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4
- Could 3D printing save our coral reefs? - Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor has a Bollywood style icon and he is a BIGGIE!
- Yemen suicide bombing: At least 45 dead so far