Disaster averted at Kochi airport; IndiGo flight lands in fourth attempt
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Kochi: A major accident was averted at the Kochi airport on Monday when an IndiGo plane pulled away at the last minute while attempting to land in heavy rains.
As per reports, the IndiGo plane flying from Bangalore to Kochi had to abort landing at least thrice before finally touching down in fourth attempt with around 150 passengers onboard.
In one of the attempts, the Indigo flight 6E-407 went about 100 feet outside the runway at the Cochin International Airport, in Nedumbassery.
Officials said the landing had to be aborted thrice due to heavy rains, which hampered visibility.
The plane finally touched down at 2:30 pm, after encircling the skies for nearly 20 minutes.
According to an airport official, such incidents happen during heavy rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman