Disaster averted at Kochi airport; IndiGo flight lands in fourth attempt
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Kochi: A major accident was averted at the Kochi airport on Monday when an IndiGo plane pulled away at the last minute while attempting to land in heavy rains.
As per reports, the IndiGo plane flying from Bangalore to Kochi had to abort landing at least thrice before finally touching down in fourth attempt with around 150 passengers onboard.
In one of the attempts, the Indigo flight 6E-407 went about 100 feet outside the runway at the Cochin International Airport, in Nedumbassery.
Officials said the landing had to be aborted thrice due to heavy rains, which hampered visibility.
The plane finally touched down at 2:30 pm, after encircling the skies for nearly 20 minutes.
According to an airport official, such incidents happen during heavy rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'