Discharge of Pinarayi Vijayan `improper`: Swami
Kochi: Terming as "improper" the discharge of CPI(M) Kerala state Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan in the SNC Lavalin corruption case by a CBI court, BJP leader Subramanian Swamy on Thursday said the high court should quash it.
"This discharge is improper and the high court should strike it down," Swamy told reporters here.
"I have read the FIR (in Lavalin case). There was a strong prima facie case laid out. How would this man be discharged?" he asked.
Alleging that CBI, which has "worked" not under court monitoring but under the state government, had been forced to perform "like a parrot" as the apex court had stated.
"There seems to be some underlying `deal` between the CPI(M) and Congress that CPI(M) will stop bothering the Chief Minister and then they will let Pinarayi Vijayan free. This looks like a match fixing," he alleged.
A CBI court in Thiruvananthapuram had on November 5 dropped Vijayan and five others from the list of accused in the case dating to mid 1990s when he was power minister in the LDF Ministry.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India