Disciplinary action recommended against magistrate
Kochi: The Administrative committee of Kerala High Court today recommended disciplinary action against N V Raju, Judicial First Class Magistrate, alleging misconduct in the recording of statement of solar scam accused Sarita S Nair.
The decision in this regard was taken by the committee headed by Chief Justice Manjula Chellur.
Earlier, the High Court vigilance registrar had conducted an enquiry and submitted a report, stating that Saritha had told the magistrate on July 20 last year that she was raped by many persons.
However, her statement was not recorded and she was asked to submit it in writing. The report had also cited serious `procedural lapses`.
The committee decided that a memo of charges would be served on the magistrate and an enquiry would be conducted against him by High Court or a senior district judge.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand