Divest Anoop Jacob from civil supplies portfolio: JD(U)
Kozhikode: The JD(U) on Saturday demanded that Civil Supplies and Public Distribution Minister Anoop Jacob be divested of his portfolio for `destroying` the public distribution system in the state.
Speaking to reporters here, party state president AS Radhakrishnan alleged the PDS had been destroyed by Jacob. Many commodities were unavailable in ration shops and the promised one kg rice for Rs 20 had also not been implemented.
The frequent hike of prices of petroleum products had adversely affected the life of the common people, he said, adding the Centre had ignored the demands of the state with regard to railway development.
The general council of the party would meet at Ernakulam on February 15, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui