Divest Anoop Jacob from civil supplies portfolio: JD(U)
Kozhikode: The JD(U) on Saturday demanded that Civil Supplies and Public Distribution Minister Anoop Jacob be divested of his portfolio for `destroying` the public distribution system in the state.
Speaking to reporters here, party state president AS Radhakrishnan alleged the PDS had been destroyed by Jacob. Many commodities were unavailable in ration shops and the promised one kg rice for Rs 20 had also not been implemented.
The frequent hike of prices of petroleum products had adversely affected the life of the common people, he said, adding the Centre had ignored the demands of the state with regard to railway development.
The general council of the party would meet at Ernakulam on February 15, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says