Divest Anoop Jacob from civil supplies portfolio: JD(U)
Kozhikode: The JD(U) on Saturday demanded that Civil Supplies and Public Distribution Minister Anoop Jacob be divested of his portfolio for `destroying` the public distribution system in the state.
Speaking to reporters here, party state president AS Radhakrishnan alleged the PDS had been destroyed by Jacob. Many commodities were unavailable in ration shops and the promised one kg rice for Rs 20 had also not been implemented.
The frequent hike of prices of petroleum products had adversely affected the life of the common people, he said, adding the Centre had ignored the demands of the state with regard to railway development.
The general council of the party would meet at Ernakulam on February 15, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state