DMRC exempted from paying special fees in Kerala
Thiruvanathapuram: Kerala cabinet Wednesday decided to exempt Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) from paying special fees to various government departments and agencies that they need to pay while taking up the Kochi Metro Rail Project.
Talking to reporters after cabinet meeting, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said DMRC has been exempted from paying special fees to government departments for the projects related to Kochi Metro.
Referring to other cabinet decisions, Chandy said 1854 new posts in Panchayats has been sanctioned taking into account the problems faced by people due to the shortage of staff in Panchayats.
It has been decided to create 990 new clerical posts in Panchayats and 864 posts of Gramma Panchayat Assistant Secretary, he said.
As per the 97th amendment constitution, it was mandatory to bring in changes to the Cooperative Law and stat cabnet also gave sanction to pass the Kerala Cooperative Amendment Bill.
The amendment would be brought in the next sessioni in the Assembly, he said. Priority will be given to pass this bill in the next assembly session, he said.
An amount of Rs.3.45 crore has been sanctioned to take up immediate works related to Attukal Pongala festival which falls on February 26. The amount was sanctioned on the basis of recommendations that came up in the review meeting held the other day, he said.
For the protection and restoration of Karoor canal at Kothamangalam and Panakapuzha canal at Cheruvathoor Panchayat in Kasargode district, Government has sanctioned Rs 2.45 crores and Rs 1.85 crores respectively, he said.
It has been decided to provide separate grades to Forest department officials similar in police.
The pension amount of those rulers of princely states who are currently getting a pension of Rs 600 or less has been hiked to Rs 1000, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!