DMRC to execute Kochi Metro Rail project
Thiruvananthapuram: Ending all doubts, Kerala`s
first Metro Rail Project at Kochi is all set to become a
reality with the state government deciding to entrust Delhi
Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) with the task of executing the
project under the leadership of former DMRC Chief E
Talking to reporters after a meeting with Sreedharan here
today, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy categorically said
Sreedharan would lead the project under DMRC.
"When Sreedharan is here, naturally DMRC also will be with
the project", Chandy said ending controversy over government
move to call for global tenders for the Rs 5200 crore Kochi
Metro Rail project.
`All confusion over the project has been cleared`,Sreedharan
said, adding, DMRC would complete the project in three years
time once the project was sanctioned.
Already the DMRC is implementing some of the infrastructure
work connected with the project envisaged to have rail
transport system on elevated platform between Aluwye and
Poonithura over a distance of about 30 km.
Sreedharan,member of the state planning board, said he
would be the principal advisor of the project. However, he was
ready to accept the post of Chairman of the joint company that
would execute the project if state government recommends him
as Centre`s nominee.
Sreedharan also assured the state government that there
would not be any problem to get loan from Japanese
international Cooperation Agency without going for global
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach